Makes one serving Ingredients: 1/2 cup mixed flour (equal parts of rice flour, wheat flour, and besan/gram flour) 1/4 cup chopped onions 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder Salt to taste 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Water, as needed
Fats : 11.5
Protein : 9.0
Fibre : 8.0
Carbs : 8.0
Ingredients for this Recipe
Mixed flour (equal parts of rice flour, wheat flour, and besan/gram flour)
Small onion, chopped
Coriander leaves, chopped
Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the mixed flour, chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well to form a smooth dough.
2. Add water to the dough, a little at a time, and knead it into a smooth and pliable dough. The dough should be thick, but still soft and easy to handle.
3. Divide the dough into two equal portions.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
5. Take one portion of the dough and place it on a plastic sheet or banana leaf. Pat it into a round shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Gently transfer the thalipeeth onto the hot pan.
7. Drizzle a little oil around the edges of the thalipeeth.
8. Cook the thalipeeth for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until it turns golden brown.
9. Flip the thalipeeth and cook it for another 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until it turns golden brown.
10. Remove the thalipeeth from the pan and serve hot with chutney or yogurt.