Brinjal for Weight Loss? How good is it
Published: 08:17AM 12 April 2023
Fruits and vegetables are beautiful in all four seasons. They are nutritious, and healthy, and offer the body additional care. These foods offer numerous benefits. These fruits and vegetables have many health benefits, including weight loss and maintaining the body's water balance.
Eggplant is one of the best foods to include in your diet when trying to lose weight. They offer a lot of health advantages and are quite nutritive. Due to its low calorie and high fiber content, eating eggplant for weight loss can aid in weight loss.
In addition to aiding in weight loss, incorporating eggplant into your diet may lower your risk of cancer and heart disease. Additionally, it may assist in lowering blood sugar levels, which will aid in the management of diabetes. Although eggplant has a bitter taste by nature, there are several ways to lessen this bitterness.
Advantages of Brinjal:
- Because they are low in calories and high in fiber, eggplants are a great addition to any weight loss plan. Fiber has the ability to increase fullness and satiety while moving slowly through the digestive tract, which helps people consume fewer calories.
- Eggplant's phytonutrients strengthen memory and protect cell membranes, which both contribute to maintaining brain health. It preserves brain health by shielding its cells from the destruction of free radical cells. The compounds found in eggplant can prevent brain tumors as well.
- Brinjal extracts have exceptional healing properties that can treat a variety of diseases and conditions, including arthritis, gastritis, stomatitis, inflammatory infections, burns, and warts.
- Eggplant is recommended in particular for pregnant women, lactating mothers, and female teenagers. Premenstrual syndrome, amenorrhea, and antenatal anemia can all be treated with eggplant.
- Brinjal also produces a wide range of secondary metabolites, including glycol-alkaloids, antioxidants, and vitamins, which are all important for maintaining health.
Is Brinjal Beneficial for Weight Loss?
It promotes weight loss. It may help someone lose weight if they include it in their diet. A study found that eggplant helps obese and overweight people lose weight.
Dietary changes are necessary for people who want to manage their weight. It's important to swap out high-calorie foods for low-calorie ones. One must also consume more dietary fiber. If you do this, you might end up sticking with less-than-appetizing foods. The situation with brinjal, though, is different.
What are the Nutritional Benefits of Brinjal?
Brinjal has a very absorbent flesh that can ingest all flavors and spices. It is soft and delicious as a result. Because of its absorbent flesh, it is tasty and fibrous. Any food high in fiber is beneficial for losing weight. Fiber aids in reducing appetite. So they won't need to eat as much because they will feel fuller longer.
It is low-calorie and nutrient-rich. This vegetable's meager calorie count provides the necessary energy. However, its calorie content isn't high enough to encourage weight gain. However, it must be cooked properly; frying or cooking with a lot of oil will not accomplish this.
Making the decision to lose weight is difficult, to put it mildly. But losing weight successfully is a big deal in itself. It is necessary to engage in a variety of physical activities, live a stress-free lifestyle, and—most importantly—change your diet.
The first step is including foods that are helpful for managing weight.
For instance, brinjal, which has a high content of fiber and few calories, is a great choice for weight loss.
Jayti Shah is a Clinical Nutritionist with a master's degree in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics. She is a member of the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA). Over the last 9 years, she has helped 400 clients in their clinical and weight loss journeys. She works with SocialBoat as a nutrition consultant.
At SocialBoat, we offer custom diet plans and guided workouts to help you achieve your goals in a 360-degree approach. Our gamified experience ensures that you don’t find workouts boring and we reward you for being consistent with your efforts.