Akshay Bhargava: Lost 10 kgs in 2 Months
Published: 03:37PM 14 July 2022
A famous quotation goes,
“the most complicated skill is to keep it simple.”
It would not be an exaggeration to say that this is the premise of most success stories. Oftentimes, people sit and wait for something extraordinary to come their way, and lose the time that they could have done something more with.
Akshay Bhargava has been top of the charts in every SocialBoat game and the success of his fitness journey has been a compilation of getting all the basics right.
In a conversation with SocialBoat, he talks about his simple yet successful fitness journey. He also has some simple fitness tips to share.
An Oscillating Fitness Journey
Akshay had been into fitness for as long as he remembers. He would work out regularly and maintain his body. When the pandemic arrived, Akshay had paused this aspect of his life. As a result, he gained weight.
During the lockdown itself, Akshay started cycling and he enjoyed it. Soon he brought a home trainer (an indoor cycle) and started training at home as well.
Akshay, whose weight had reached some 88 kgs, shed more than 10 kgs in a few months by being disciplined.
With the involvement in the game, Akshay's progress increased manifolds. In just a matter of weeks, he lost 5 kgs. Akshay works out and cycles regularly. But there are also other secrets to his fitness success.
The Simple Golden Trio
1. Training- Akshay believes consistency is key with all kinds of exercise.
2. Diet- Another equally important aspect of a fit lifestyle is a balanced and well-thought-out diet. A balance has to be established between workouts and diet, and they complement each other.
Along with drinking a good amount of water, Akshay for instance eats the following meals-
- Breakfast- Bread Omelette/ Tofu and Sandwich.
- Lunch- Pulses, Vegetables, and any Protein-rich food.
- Dinner- Chicken or Soya bean chunks.
3. Recovery- Yes, a combination of a good workout plan and diet is excellent but most of the time people forget that their body needs to recover as well. There is nothing that can be a substitute for a good night's sleep for the body and mind.
A combination of these three is the not-so-secret ingredient to Akshay Kumar's winning streak at the game.
Fitness Advice to the Busy Bees - Simplicity and Consistency
Akshay is employed in a highly demanding full-time job. Speaking of how he manages to take the time out to work out, he says,
"It's all about the priorities. One needs to understand what matters the most to them. Then it's just a matter of arranging things for the day."
Offering advice to others like him who are busy but still wish to work out, he says,
"If you aren't able to fit in a proper workout in your schedule, don't do away with it completely. Spend any time you get in exercise, even if it is just 10-15 minutes."
He further adds that the easiest way is to set a step target for the day and fulfill that if there is time for nothing else.
For many such similar stories, visit SocialBoat.
About the Author